Dear Grandma
I'm sorry I haven't been down to visit you yet. I just got done with my finals this morning and I promise when I'm done with work I will come to see you. It hurts my to know that it has taken me so long to make it down. I know that if it were the other way around you would be at my side as soon as you found out, because that's the kind of person you are.
I remember coming over to visit with you, and you would make sure that we were all well feed and had plenty of Diet Coke for the trip home. You would always make sure that we all had what we needed and if we didn't you would do your best to help.
I love you for always helping. I remember when you took care of my sister when she was so down, and I don't know how we would have managed with out you. You always knew the right thing to say.
You have taught me some of the most important lessons I know. That Olive Garden has the best olives in their salads, and they are very stingy with them, so you have to ask for extras. That when you go to the bathroom in an out-house to always make sure the seat is down. To go to the bathroom before bed so you don't wet the bed. How to bring a family together. To always keep your house neat and tidy. How important the gospel is and how to live it throughout your whole life.
I would never exchange anything for you. I hope that when I have my own family that I will be able to live up to you.
I love you.
Love Ashley
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Ash,
That was an amazing letter to Grandma. I made the mistake of reading it while at work so now I'm sitting in my office crying as people walk past.
We all love grandma and the way she takes care of us. Being with her is like going back in time to when you didn't have a care in the world.
She'll understand that you haven't been down there yet and I know that she'll be so happy to see you when you do.
I love you.
Danielle
isn't it crazy how she has affected so many peoples lives so much? We are so cool because we are related to her.
OH geez, you made me cry. I need to get there very soon. Great post Ash.
You are making me tear up too, that was very sweet and your grandma sounds so amazing, i love you ash.
Post a Comment