Sunday, January 11, 2009

Da Flu!!

HOLY COW! soo this is a fun story!! and I have plenty of time because I'm sick on the couch!

It all started yesterday. It was supposed to be the day that I worked and when I woke up, I felt really weird and tingly all over, and it seemed like I couldn't get my shower hot enough, I just felt so cold. When it came time to eat I couldn't force myself to eat anything so I settled on a piece of bread and water. I went to work because I felt funny calling in sick when I only have one more week left. So I went thinking that I would just leave at lunch. I got there and I felt worse I just couldn't concentrate on my work and I wanted to go lay down. So I asked if I could leave after lunches, the loving answer was "well maybe at like five" (it was 12) and I flipped out (sorry to any workers reading this!) I informed him that just the day before he let my other supervisor leave early in the morning and we had SIX tellers that day and it was so slow at the time. So I told him that if I would leave anyway. Needless to say I was home in bed by 12:15pm (man I'm an attitude case haha).

After I took a nap I woke up and felt worse, but I was supposed to drive to Orem that night, so I got up and ate another piece of bread and drank more water and loaded up my car. I was supposed to bring my friend Kim along with me because she is moving down here as well, and we were going to go to a singles ward together today. On our way we stopped at wendys then got home to get ready for the night. Well her future roommates invited us to go and hang out with some BYU football players, during they recruiting night. We get there and the guys were so nice and it was so fun, and yes, they were SO attractive. Well I started to feel worse, and so I started to really crave my bed. Out of no where I felt even weirder, I jump up and run across couches, chairs and people to make it to the bathroom, close the door and take my scarf off and puke, like no one has puked before! (this is how I knew what I ate: two pieces of bread, chicken noodle soup, wendys burger, and two VERY bright dayquils!) So I felt a little better and I thought i had let it pass, so I left the bathroom and drank an entire water bottle.

Well it was late so Kim and I went home and mid-sentence I run to the bathroom and am puking with little Kim just outside the OPEN door. So, between heaves, I kicked the bathroom door shut while kneeling on all floors and ready to cry, haha! I then went to bed after. Key word "bed" not "sleep," needless to say I didn't get any sleep last night and I had a GNARLY fever. I woke up and Kim went home to Farmington. I have now been spending the last, I don't' know, year on the couch. Now, the reason for telling you this very graphic story is to promote flu vaccines, even though I, myself, am terrified of needles! I think that it's worth it. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, so to those with hearts, I would really love a Sprite :(

4 comments:

Danielle said...

That sucks! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Cassidie Anne said...

man your "roomies" must really suck for leaving you all alone all day while you were throwing up....

Kelly & Jamie said...

Oh honey i am sorry to say that you got the exact same thing i had! Im so sorry it had to happen while you were hanging out with a bunch of new people and you actually had food to vomit up! poor little thing, get better soon cause i only get 3 more days of working with you and i need them all :(

Kylee said...

Yeah I'm with Cassidie, your roommates SUCK.