Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baby {BOY} Dox: Week 18

That's right! Chris and I recently found out that we are having a little boy! We were given a DVD of our last appointment and no pictures so I don't have proof, so you'll have to take my word for it.

When we went to the doctors office, he put the goo on my tummy to do the ultrasound as soon as we put the "ultrasound thingy" on my tummy to spread the goo around we immediately knew we had a little boy on the way. The doctor went on to show us that our baby has all four chambers in his heart and is growing as he should (measuring 1 day ahead actually)and boy! does he sure move! He then went to show us for 100% sure that we should start planning on blue. No doubt :)

I have been feeling a lot better. No more morning sickness but I still haven't quite got my energy back, but I'll take it over being sick every day. I even have a little tummy that is actually noticeable, in fact I was running around at work the other day and saw my reflection and noticed that my tummy had a shadow! I felt the little movement this past Saturday while I was settling down for bed. Its been a little sparse but every once in a while I can feel him. It's a little alien but cool all at the same time; I just wish that Chris could feel it.

Chris and I have been searching for a name. When we went to the doctor's we were about 95% sure we were going to be seeing boy parts, however we only had girl names picked out that we liked. It's a little overwhelming, nothing has really jumped out at us; we may have Baby-Boy Doxey for a while.

Baby-Boy Dox is the size of a bell pepper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having a boy! I'm partial but I love having boys. I honestly don't know what I'd do with girls.

Chris and Jamie said...

Glad that you're feeling better and that baby boy is developing normally. I loved when we could feel Keira from the outside - it really is like a little alien trying to get out. Most amazing (and weird) feeling in the world! Try to enjoy it as much as you can, it goes by SO fast!!