Thursday, July 5, 2012

We ran a race

Chris and I have been training for a half marathon in Disneyland and working really hard towards that so when I saw that there were opening for the Kaysville Fourth of July 5k I thought "3.1 miles? We can do that!" So we registered Tuesday 3rd at 6:30PM and the race was bright and early 7:30AM. This was both of our first time racing.

It was a lot of fun, I was getting bugged though because they had the 5krun/walk together so there would be traffic jams where people were walking and everyone was trying to pass them. But all in all it was pretty fun. I tried to time us and I forgot to stop my watch when we crossed the finish line but we think we finished at about 30-31 minutes. Not bad, it was a little faster than I'm used to running so at about mile 2 I got the worst side ache, but we were making such great time I didn't want to stop, SO I didn't, I just ran through it and now I couldn't be prouder of myself.

Here is a picture my dad took of us rounding the corner to the finish line.
Thumbs up for almost being done, so I can go back to bed!!

Us after the finish line, with our complimentary waters and oranges!
Chris is wearing the shirt they gave us.

2 comments:

Chris and Jamie said...

Woohoo, good job.
I hope you have a few more between that one and Labor Day or you're gonna be in for a super shock! :)

OhSoDelicioso said...

When you come to disneyland let us know!! we will come be your cheerleaders at the end!!!!
good job :)