Our Glow Sticks, and some of the people with theres.
So at exactly 10pm we started running and we started off slower than our normal pace, which I think is always a good idea (because I'm an expert at this point after now running two races) because there were a lot weirdo's in this race. So after about a mile we took off. I was in the lead for a while and then Chris passed me. He ended up finishing the race about 4 minutes ahead of me.
At the end of the race both Chris and I were very impressed with how the race was set up. The were very organized and had planned of everything. (although the only other race we have ran was the Kaysville Rotary 5k so we aren't experts). But it was a blast! Everyone was there to have fun and enjoy themselves! There were a few times when we started running on the same route as the 5k racers and the were walking so it got a little frustrating but all in all it was a great experence!!
Us after the race
Final Times:
Chris 1:01:45-78th place of 250
Me: 1:05:18-111 place of 250-3rd place of 12 in my age group




1 comment:
I am not a runny, but I really really admire runners :) so when are you coming to Dland? We would love to come cheer you on! maybe go out to dinner or something!? Need a place to stay?
Post a Comment